Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nippon Tei or Nepoteng ?

When I was in Suria KLCC at the Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur, I saw a restaurant by the name of Nippon Tei. Wow, I said to myself. It must be a good Japanese restaurant that serves Japanese cuisine like sushi, teppayanki, green tea, miso soup, tempura, grilled mackerel and eel, green ice cream, etc.

The Japanese restaurant in Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur.

I was also thinking of a Terengganu word of nepoteng used by my elders long ago. It means going out without specific purpose or aimlessly. Remember this word.

My message is that when you visit Terengganu, do not nepoteng. Have your itineraryPrepare your budget. How many days you want to spend in Terengganu. Which place that interest you? What food and snacks that you wish to try? What kind of transport that you need? What kind of accommodation that you wish to stay? And for foreigners, do you need a visa to enter Malaysia? Lastly, enjoy learning a Terengganu dialect. Happy travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment